INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small and harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. A cookie allows the web to remember each visit you make to the website.
Cookies usually store technical information, personal preferences, personalized content, usage statistics, social network links, user account access, etc.
A cookie’s objective is to adapt the website content to your profile and needs, without cookies services offered by any website would be notably depleted. Even though most people do not know, cookies have been used over the last 20 years, when the first World Wide Web browsers appeared.
WHAT IS NOT A COOKIE?
It is not a virus, a Trojan, a worm, spam, spyware and it does not open pop-up windows.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES A COOKIE STORE?
Cookies usually do not store sensitive information about yourself, such as credit cards or banking information, pictures or personal information. The data that is stored technical information, personal preferences, personalized content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person, it associates your browser. Actually, if you often browse using Internet Explorer and try to browse the same website with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the website does not recognize you are the same person because it is associating the browser, not the person.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES EXIST?
Based on its objective
- Technical cookies: Allow the user to browse and use different options and services that rely on it, such as traffic control and data communication, session identification, access to restricted sections, store elements ordered online, event registration, utilize security elements, share content in social media, etc.
- Personalization cookies: Allow the user to access the service with some predefined features that follow a series of criteria such as language, type of browser, regional configuration, etc.
- Analysis cookies: Allow the follow up and behavior analysis of the users. Gathered information is used to measure the activity in websites, apps or platforms, as well as for the browsing profile elaboration of the users to make improvements.
- Advertising cookies: Show advertising according to browsing patterns, country, language, etc.
Based on who MANAGES THE COOKIES
- First party cookies: Are managed by the website that is being browsed, even though they were installed by an external service.
- Third party cookies: Are managed and generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
Based on its duration
- Session cookies: Temporary cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser until the website is abandoned, therefore no cookie is registered in the user’s hard drive. The information gathered with this type of cookies, is used to analyze traffic trends in the web. In the long term, this allows providers to give a better experience by improving the content and ease of use.
- Permanent cookies: These cookies are stored in the hard drive and our website reads them every time you visit the website. A permanent cookie has an expiration date and will stop working after this date. We use them, mostly, to facilitate shopping services. These cookies are generated by the website that you are visiting and the third party cookies are generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
CAN COOKIES BE DELETED?
Yes. You have the right to delete the cookies of this website at any time. You also may block, generally or particularly, for a specific domain.
What happens if I deactivate cookies?
The following examples may help you to understand the implications of deactivating cookies:
- You will not be able to share content from that website to Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the content to your personal preferences.
- The website will not be able to create statistics regarding visitors and traffic, which will limit the website competitiveness.
- The website will not be able to recognize if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- Segmented publicity will not be shown, which will reduce advertisement income for the web.
COOKIES USED IN THIS WEBSITE
|_icl_current_language||WPML||Store language preference.||24 hours||First party cookies|
|wpml_referer_url||WPML||Store the last page visited in order to change language.||24 hours||First party cookies|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Distinguish users.||2 years||First party cookies|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Limit the percentage of requests.||10 minutes||First party cookies|
|PREF||YouTube||AStore configuration preferences such as language, numbers of search results per page or Google SafeSearch filter activation.||10 years||Third party cookies|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||YouTube||Follow up to web embedded videos that were visited.||240 days||Third party cookies|
|YSC||YouTube||Measure number of video views and register “Like” or “Share video” events.||Session||Third party cookies|
- Browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies and from this site you must claim your right to delete or deactivate them. Neither this web nor its legal representatives may guarantee the correct or incorrect manipulation of the mentioned browsers cookies.
- In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget your decision of non-acceptance.
- In the case of Google Analytics cookies, this company stores cookies in servers located in the United States and commits not to share them, except in those cases where it might be necessary for system functionality or when the law enforces sharing. According to Google, your IP address is not stored. Google Inc. is compliant with the Safe Harbor Act that guarantees that all transferred data are treated with a protection level according to the European law.
For any questions regarding this cookies policy, do not hesitate to contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org